From shaded boulevards to weather-protected passageways, VPS Covered Walkway structures provide pedestrians and travelers with overhead weather protection from parking lots, garages and office complexes to airport and transportation terminals, CONRACs, and more. We also offer a variety of fabrics to meet your specific project and budget requirements.
Industry Uses for Covered Walkway Canopies
If you're looking to create an integrated look and feel for your building, covered walkway systems create connectivity and increase productivity. These structures allow for flexible configuration to make permanent structures. From healthcare to education, here are ways industries can use covered walkway canopies:
- Schools: Expand the amount of space your teachers, faculty, staff, and students can utilize for everyday activities. You can also create connections to gymnasiums, auditoriums, and break and lunch areas for safer movement between these spaces.
- Businesses: Encourage your customers to browse your shop with storefront coverage for product display. Garden centers, car showrooms, restaurant entrances, or other retail places can take advantage of the added protection to their inventory.
- Hospitals: Protect primary caregivers and patients from slips and falls as they use the walkways between your buildings. Covered walkway canopy systems can help keep patients warm as they go from ambulances into the building.
- Churches: Keep worshipers dry and comfortable as they attend Sunday services, holiday events, weddings, funerals, baptisms, and confirmations throughout the year.
- Offices: Connect newly expanded offices to create ease of access for employees and clients. You can also consider investing in covered walkway canopies to the parking lot to keep employees happy as unexpected weather changes arise.
- Homes: Bring groceries and clothes in from your garage to your house after shopping trips. The home improvement industry encourages renovations like these to increase accessibility at your home.
Benefits of Covered Walkway Systems
Covered walkway canopies create a connection between buildings or parking lots without the need for a complete renovation. Additional advantages of covered walkways include:
- Create a walking culture: Spaces that are useable year-round can help to promote fitness and the health benefits that come along with regular exercise.
- Provide shade for pedestrians: In any location, covered walkways can protect people from sun, rain, hail, snow, and sleet throughout the year.
- Reduce the risk of falls: Walkways can be safer with less required maintenance time and minimal repairs after severe weather and storms.
- Update building design: Covered walkway systems can match the aesthetic of your building or your company's colors to increase brand awareness.
Options for Covered Walkway Canopies
At VPS, we offer different covered walkway options for you to choose from, including:
- Horizon: Created for extended coverage featuring a gabled roof and connectable design.
- Zenith: Incorporated waterproof roof system in a similar design to the Horizon.
- Nova: Designed as an arch overlaid with a reinforced roof for weather protection.
Reach out to VPS for Covered Walkway Options
Want to learn more about our covered walkway canopy solutions? VPS can help you explore options and find solutions. Feel free to connect with a representative. When you contact us today, you can receive more information and a custom site evaluation.
- Horizon, Zenith, and Nova structural designs available
- Can be engineered and configured to meet the requirements of your site’s angles, radii, slope, and more
- Surface-mount, embed, recessed-base-plate, and pedestal mounting designs available — engineered spread footings are available for applicable regions
- Designed and engineered to meet local building codes, including those in snow-load and high-wind regions
Horizon, Zenith, and Nova structural designs available
Can be engineered and configured to meet the requirements of your site’s angles, radii, slope, and more
Surface-mount, embed, recessed-base-plate, and pedestal mounting designs available — engineered spread footings are available for applicable regions
Designed and engineered to meet local building codes, including those in snow-load and high-wind regions