Solar Panel Covered Parking Structures
Commercial Hail Protection Structures With Solar Panels
With our solar-covered parking solutions, VPS offers a powerful product that harnesses solar power for your commercial energy costs. Our durable hail protection structures can help shield vehicles and other important effects on your property from potential storms.
VPS is proud to introduce the ability to incorporate solar panels on many of our structural hail protection designs - including a seamless and advanced integration that is the first of its kind for this type of product. If you're considering buying hail protection structures for your fleet of vehicles or parking lot, adding structures with integrated solar panels allows your business or municipality to take advantage of renewable energy initiatives, while reducing utility costs and tax liabilities.
Benefits of Adding Solar Parking Structures for Hail Protection
Why should you invest in solar panel covered parking? This solution offers several environmental and budget advantages to help you meet sustainability regulations, use energy responsibly and save on operating costs.
With parking lots covered with solar panels, you create energy for heating and electricity without relying on fossil fuels, helping you stay greener. Solar panel covered parking can help you get LEED certification since you can get up to seven points on EA Credit 2, also known as the "On-Site Renewable Energy" credit, with solar panels. If you are seeking funding for your organization, remember that some funding organizations offer extra incentives for groups with green initiatives like solar panels.
Explore the long-term benefits that solar covered parking can offer your company, including:
- Energy Initiative Compliance: Achieve compliance with governmental mandated solar initiatives like the California 2020 mandate or Denver’s green roof initiative.
- Tax savings: New structures with solar panels are eligible for many local and state tax incentives, allowing you to get tax credits or deductions.
- Savings on electricity: Depending on the size of the overall structure and number of solar panels, you can significantly reduce your electric bill.
- Long-term and durable solutions for your parking area or vehicles: This new product offers the same quality that VPS has always been known for. These long-term solar carports are designed to handle more severe weather conditions and hail events.
Where to Integrate Solar Parking Structures & Canopies
When you use solar covered parking resources, you can optimize energy use across your facility while also protecting on-site structures. These integrated solar with hail protection structures are ideal for the following uses and industries, as well as many others thanks to the amount of customization we can offer - and our experience installing large scale hail protection structures for over 25 years.
Investing in solar panel covered parking offers these advantages for a wide range of industries:
- Businesses: Protect customer or employee parking lots or distribution center loading docks while also offering a green energy source for your organization.
- Municipalities: As taxpayers look for more sustainable energy options, towns and cities can offer a way to generate electricity in public and government parking areas such as rooftop parking.
- Auto dealerships: Showcase electric and hybrid vehicles under a protected area that further highlights your dealership as a leader in advanced energy saving technology. In addition, when you add solar energy to your dealership shareholders see increased value in additional fleet protection as well as the energy savings return on investment. Our auto dealership and auto assembly plant solar panels and protective structures can simply be a win-win for dealerships.
- Travel and Transportation: For airports, car rental facilities, cruise terminals, sports facilities, train stations and any commercial space with larger numbers of vehicles, the benefits of large scale asset protection with solar are significant both in energy savings and as an added benefit for your customers.
- OEM facilities: If you need to protect equipment, delivery trucks or employee cars at your OEM manufacturing area, these structures provide protection while also helping your facility gain additional sustainable energy for significant cost savings.
Anywhere you need to protect vehicles or other assets, VPS solar panel-covered parking structures are a smart choice. Choosing solar hail protection for your property helps you make the most of solar energy and protect your valuable assets from the elements. When you work with us, we'll help you choose optimized solutions custom-built to fit your specific applications.
If you have a pre-existing structure, we may be able to help you add solar panels as well. To find out if we are able to retrofit for your structure, contact our team.
Why Choose VPS for Solar Panel Covered Parking Structures?
VPS is a leader in providing large scale hail protection structures from design to installation, and with parking lots covered with solar panels, you can enjoy even more benefits to your business. With the manufacturing capabilities to cover thousands of parking spots, we can seamlessly address large commercial properties' requirements. Our solar-covered parking solutions deliver a long-term return on investment for your commercial property, helping mitigate liability and save on energy costs for years to come. For any questions, additional information, or a quote, contact us for a free consultation.