UV/Sun Protection for Industrial Applications
VPS can work with you and your engineering team to develop custom industrial shade solutions that meet your requirements for protecting your products and your business from the harmful effects of UV rays. We offer industrial shade structure design to customize the product completely.
Industry Applications of Shade Structures
When we design our industrial shade structures at VPS, we ensure they are up to code and durable. Various industries can use industrial shade structures to help prevent damage from the sun and other weather conditions.
Some of the industrial applications for shade structures include:
- Education: Design separate gymnasiums, auditoriums, conference rooms, and learning areas for extra space and safety or add coverage to bleachers and playgrounds for continued protection outside.
- Food and beverage: Shade employees and customers from rain, sun, and other weather to provide a cool and comfortable place to work and eat.
- Manufacturing: Develop designated loading and unloading areas for product assembly, shipment, and additional steps in the process if space is limited
- Military and defense: Help protect aircraft, drones, utility vehicles, and equipment from the elements.
- Travel and transportation: Create alternative structures similar to terminals or bus stations for people to wait under for buses, taxis, and other modes of public transportation.
- Water treatment: Shield workers and warehouse components from UV rays during extended working periods.
Hail Protection Structure Options for Industrial Applications
VPS industrial hail protection structures can give organizations peace of mind when protecting personnel and property during intense storms. We offer a wide selection of structures for unique situations, from large open areas to pedestrian walkways.
Mass coverage provides a mid-to-large scale solution for hail protection in industrial applications. VPS offers this configurable solution so organizations can protect people and property in large open spaces from intense hail conditions. The elements of our hail protection structures fit together in modules so industrial sites can customize the structure to their specific length and width requirements. We also offer the Panama Protector and Diamond Protector shape options to customize the space layout.
VPS covered walkways help make a safe and accessible route to travel through an open area, even in intense hail conditions. A covered walkway can also reduce the risk of fall accidents since the ground becomes less slick and covered with hail.
A cantilever provides a free-standing structure for extra space to maneuver people and vehicles. Without the presence of columns or support braces, a cantilever allows organizations to fit more into a smaller space. There are also fewer objects to avoid when transporting goods.
VPS can customize many of our current structures to add solid membrane fabric options to integrate with structural designs. Our team adheres the fabric to the structure through a process of patterning, welding, and attaching. We also offer several fabric options, such as PFTE, HDPE scrim, and PVC. Each one comes in several colors, although PFTE only comes in white.
Solar Hail Protection
Solar hail protection is an investment in the future of an organization. These structures protect from hailstorms with the added benefit of having solar panels on the roof. The panels constantly charge energy to help organizations make a significant return on investment (ROI) for the structure by saving on utility benefits.
Benefits of Industrial Shade Structures
For more than 26 years, VPS has provided quality solutions for shade structures in various industrial settings. Here are just a few of the advantages of industrial shade structures:
- Minimizing risks from weather damage: Hail, sunlight, and other inclement conditions can cause harm to people and damage to vehicles and other equipment.
- Reducing equipment exposure to UV Rays: The weather can fade the color of equipment, cause power outages in machines, and destroy electronic devices when placed in environments with prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Creating shade for workers: Industrial shade structures offer durable and affordable options for sun protection. They can help people limit their time in the direct sunlight, providing a shaded place to take breaks or to work in as needed.
- Customizing designs for a unique look: With a wide range of options, industrial shade structure design allows you to pick the fabrics, colors, and accessories to create a custom look.
Contact Industrial Shade Structure Providers at VPS
VPS has collaborated with industrial engineers across various market segments to develop custom UV/sun protection solutions for specific sites and applications. With a wide range of fabric options available to provide shade solutions for your business, our selection includes HDPE Mesh, HDPE Scrim Membrane, PVC Mesh, PVC Membrane, PTFE Mesh, and PTFE Membrane. These versatile options have different features for your project.
Reach out to our experts to learn more about our custom, quality solutions for industrial applications and receive a free quote with a price guarantee. If you're looking to get started, feel free to submit a contact form and get in touch with us for a consultation!